The Society of Meditation and Meditation Research is a non-profit association pursuing the following goals:
- To improve quality of life, mental health, and health promotion of thegeneral public by scientific research and teaching in the fields of meditation and relaxation methods.
- To investigate, inhowfar the different techniques of meditation and yoga can contribute to the development of consciousness and personality as well as health and quality of life.
- To represent and promote the interests of meditation and yoga in the teaching and research at universities and other scientific institutions.
- To promote plurality of research methods and the development ofnew instruments.
- To commit for a scientific understanding of meditation and yoga spanning different schools and methods.
- To study the fundamentl connections between consciousness, behavior, brain and immune system and possibilities of modification by meditation techniques.